You are not logged in.

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 4:00pm

TVV ( TV-Vlaanderen) cannot switch to VTM channel when PIP is activated from Canvas channel or vice versa.

Hello,

I have an ET8500 and switched from an ET9200. The ET8500 has three DVB-S2 tuners and one DVB-T tuner installed.
This configuration works perfect when recording or using PIP on any channel combination except one. I installed an openPLI image and an openATV image.
Both have the same problem.
Now the problem : when watching the channel Canvas , I cannot record VTM or vice versa.
The same happens when PIP is activated. i.e. I can look at Canvas but as soon as I try to switch to the VTM channel in PIP, both displays freeze and show partly small squares.
The same happens when I have VTM on the main screen and try to switch to Canvas in PIP.
So I tried to find out what is so special about these two channels. I then noticed that both use a different frequency but the same VideoID.
However , I have no idea if this could be the reason for the problem.
To make the above clear, I added a screenshot of the PIP screen.
Can anybody tell me what goes wrong here, and why ?

PS. Sorry for writing this in English, however I can read German , writing is a problem.
Dendraad has attached the following image:
  • IMG_20161021_190207.jpg

XtrendIM

Administration+Technik+Support

Sunday, November 20th 2016, 4:15pm

Hi Dendraad,

this is a known bug in the current drivers from Xtrend.
Manufacturer is informed, let´s wait for a new release.

Regards
IM
Ihr Xtrend Support-Team
eXtrending your vision

Monday, November 21st 2016, 12:01pm

OK. thank you for the fast response.

Regards.

Sunday, December 4th 2016, 11:10am

Hi Xtrend enthousiasts,

In case anyone else ran into this problem: I updated my receiver to the image of 04-12-2016 and the problem seems to be solved.
The version I have installed now is :
Enigma is now dated 29-11-2016
DVB drivers 28-11-2016
kernel is version 4.4.8

Special thanks to IM for the advice.