You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Xtrend Support / GigaBlue Info. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, September 11th 2015, 12:53am

xtrend et4000 - stuck with 3 light ON!

I was watching satellite TV normally, while at a sudden i hear a weak noise and then this message appears on the LG TV screen:

"Invalid Format" and the box is unresponsive!

I rebooted it and the box is stuck, while the 3 front lights are ON. The same massage
appears from the TV: "Invalid Format". (I do not think its TV related
since the box does not boot anyway)

Tried flashing it (image and even bootloader) with the 2-3 usb I usually use for flashing it, but
nothing happens. Changed unforce to force, the flashing procedure does
not start anyway. (The light of the USB flash drive and the rj45 port
are both ON at the begging).

All 3 front lights are always ON! While turning it of/on sometimes all 3 lights are off.
What could have happened?

Saturday, September 12th 2015, 10:42am

Possibly Secboard is damaged, then you need a new one...

Is your Network still working? Any Logs on the Box?

Looks worse IMHO

Regards

Olli

Sunday, September 13th 2015, 11:28pm

Hi,

Retried flashing but nothing. Now none of the lights goes on - all 3 are off.

The green light on the RJ45 port is always ON, but no connection possible to the box.

Strange enough, both HDMI ports of the TV to which this box was connected, do not work anymore. Tried connecting my other box to them - nothing...no signal.
I think they went down the same moment the box "died", as there is no other logical explanation.

Regards,

Monday, October 12th 2015, 9:01pm

xtrend - no more

I filled a request RMA and send it to the support email as specified here: http://www.et-view.net/bbs/board/6710
But didn't got any response.

Now I have had chinese dm500 clones before and they have lasted me longer then the xtrend et4000. Even my other xtrend receiver the et5000 have a problem, sometimes it get stuck before booting, you have to switch it off and wait some minutes before retrying.

Obviously I am done with xtrend boxes, I think the quality is simply not there. I went for a vu+ zero this time and I am impressed with its speed till now.

XtrendIM

Administration+Technik+Support

Wednesday, October 14th 2015, 7:51am

Obviously I am done with xtrend boxes, I think the quality is simply not there

you´ll get response, maybe wait some days. Furthermore this is simply your opinion.
VU+ Zero you cannot compare with ET4000. You´ve to compare with ET7x00 and that is a different story :-)

Regards
IM
Ihr Xtrend Support-Team
eXtrending your vision